How To: abacaxi
Backstage at the abacaxi FW14 show, lead stylist Gendala Kelli Anna and her team created effortless curls that paired perfectly with the flowing fabrics that designer Sheena Sood used in her collection. Get the look:
1. Section the hair from ear to ear in the front with a part on the right side of the head—using the brow as a guide to beginning the part.
2. The front section of the hair will be clipped forward and, beginning with the back section, take 1 inch sections starting from the nape of the neck and apply 2 to 3 pumps of Up All Night Volumizing Spray to the first 1/3 - 1/2 of the hair.
3. Using the Almighty Pro-Lite Dryer, smooth out the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the hair and use a round brush to curl the bottom half and set with clips throughout the entire back of the head.
4. On the sides of each section for the first 1/3 of the hair, apply Rock-A-Wave Curl Cream and mist the rest of the hair with the Up All Night Volumizing Spray.
5. Smooth the sides and use a round brush to curl and clip the bottom section.
6. Keeping the sides slightly loose, bend the hair and add a clip to set the shape.
7. Gently tie back the hair to add a crease and bring the shape in together.
8. On the part line, paint gold pigment.
9. After the look is set, brush out the curls and use the Eva NYC 4P Interchangeable Barrel Curler for added wave and texture into the look.
10. Finish the look with Hold Me Tight Hairspray.